House Rules for Role Playing Games
These are house rules and other changes to fantasy role playing
games. Some were posted to
some were mailed directly to me. Please direct any questions and
comments to the appropriate authors.
- The critical hits table I use in my campaign
and critical hits tables for slashing,
thrusting, crushing, sharp projectiles, pole arms, spear-like, spiked,
thrown stones, bites and claws,...
- An update of the Oriental
Adventures for AD&D2 (gzip, 23K) or ZIP-Archive.
- Interesting ideas about saving throws.
- A new system for specialization.
- Another weapon proficiency system.
- Ideas about healing.
- Discussion and use of abilities and useful items for thieves (gzip, 11K).
- Rules for missiles.
- A perception system.
- Cast your spells with a spell point system by Yan Glina:
- Version 2.2 was posted some time ago.
You can look it up to find out what's changed.
- Yan recently sent version 2.3 to me.
- A streamlined revision of the Player's
- Some formulas to calculate the population distribution (gzip, 8K) at
various experience levels.
- Some rules to add more realism (gzip,
7K) to games.
- What is the cost of a slave?
- A modified system to calculate XPs of
- New weapons for AD&D.
- Real Warships for Spelljammer.
[Alex's Home Page]
Work: [University Page]
Institut für Computersprachen, Abteilung für
Programmiersprachen und Übersetzerbau,
Technische Universität Wien,
A-1040 Wien, Austria, Europe
TEL +43 1 58801/4463,
FAX +43 1 5057838