Explanation of the acronym GUPU
- conversation supporting programming course environment,
vowels rhyme with guru
Further (unintended) meaningsIn 1992 I wanted a unique
acronym. By sheer serendipity the following meanings were implied.
- Norwegian city and family name.
- gupu, [Chamorro] University of
- to fly.
- egupu, [Sindhu]
- flight, increase. Source.
- kupu-kupu, [Indonesian], [Malay]
- butterfly. Source
- gupu, [Japanese]
- Seems to be a name. GUPU
- gupupu, [Japanese]
- group (like business group?)
- khoupu, [Japanese]
- beaten or felted mulberry cloth; a precursor of paper.
- gupu cha, [Chinese]
- A combination of Pu-erh and Chrysanthemum tea. There are also
other natural Chinese products with the same name. Source.
- kupu, [Mäori]
- saying, text, word, message, dispatch.
- In anay Gupu wana
- A song. Source.
- gupu, [Gunya]
- elbow. Source.
- gupu, [Kapampangan]
- inactive due to old age.
- gupu, [?]
- rumor; a message passed from one person to the next without
verification of its accuracy. Source.
- Gupu (Plains Kangaroo)
- gupu [lativian, polish, serbian, czeck]
- Probably a spelling error,
meaning actually grupu. Source
- Groupement des usagers du port de Tuléar
- A 'document-centric' open source client-side editor for Mozilla,
Netscape and Internet Explorer. Source Quote:
What does Kupu mean? Kupu is Maori and means word,
statement, remark. Kupu kupu is Indonesian and means butterfly. Hence,
the blue butterfly is Kupu's mascot.
- gupu, [Sardinian]
- ladle. Source.
- Gupu Village
- Village in the
- Galera Unida Permanece Unida
- DJ Wagner