Home of GUPUGUPU is an environment specialized for Prolog and constraint
programming courses. You find here a description of the system
containing a guided tour. This page is addressed to persons
interested in teaching
Read the most recent description of GUPU! Declarative program
development in Prolog with GUPU.
A pictoral overview
of the themes covered. Further documents.
Highlights of GUPU
GUPU has been realized/maintained since 1991 by Ulrich
Neumerkel, TU Wien, Institut für Computersprachen. There have
been many contributors. In alphabetical order:
- easy to learn programming environment
- immediate automatic assessment
- handles deadlines and late hand-ins automatically
- side effect free programming
- specification driven programming style
- facilitates many kinds of declarative readings
- tight integration of advanced tools
- program slicing for declarative diagnosis/declarative debugging
- program slicing for non-termination
- termination inference with cTI
- partial evaluation with Mixtus
- visualisation (see overview)
- pure logical agent environment
- scales to large number of students (>300)
- simplifies communication between students and lecturer
Martin Lackner, Fred
Mesnard, Christoph Rettig, Christian Schallhart, Tamás Schmidt,
It is used since 1992 for Prolog programming courses and student
projects at TU Wien, U. de la Réunion,
U. Duisburg Essen,
and U. Klagenfurt.
Enter the tour by preloading all pages.
Start reading without preloading.