Our emphasis in this area is on tree-parsing code selection,
low-effort code-generation and compilation methods for exploiting
instruction-level and SIMD parallelism.
- Anton Ertl
- Andi Krall
- Jian Wang. Worked here as a post-doc from October 1993 to March
1995 supported by a Lise Meitner Fellowship of the FWF.
- Silvain Lelait
- David Gregg. Completed his Ph.D. in our group in 2001.
- Students: Wolfgang Ambrosch (1992-1993), Felix Beer (1992-1993), Martin Maierhofer, Jakob Sievers
Tree-Parsing Code Selection
- On-Demand Tree-Parsing Automata
- (Anton Ertl, David Gregg,
Kevin Casey, Jakob Sievers). Paper (PLDI '06) and some data used in it. Erlang Implementation and lcc lburg extension.
- Optimization During Tree-Parsing Code Selection
Ertl). Talk (Dagstuhl
Seminar on Code Optimization, 2000).
- Optimal code selection in DAGs
- (Anton Ertl). Paper (POPL '99) and Package.
- List of projects using tree-parsing code selection
Brandner, Anton Ertl).
- Optimal Global Instruction Scheduling with Unlimited Resources
- (Anton Ertl, David Gregg, Andreas Krall). Paper
- Repairing: Removing antidependences without increasing register
- (Anton Ertl, Andi Krall). Paper (CC '96).
- Reconciling register allocation and instruction scheduling
- (Wolfgang Ambrosch, Anton Ertl, Felix Beer, Andi Krall). Paper (PLSA'94).
- Handling structural hazards in instruction scheduling
Ertl, Andi Krall). Paper
- Optimal instruction scheduling
- using constraint logic programming (Anton Ertl,
Andi Krall). Paper
Bibtex entries for our papers (including abstracts) can be found here. And our FODOK-entry is there
- Retargeting JIT compilers by using C-compiler generated executable
- (Anton Ertl, David Gregg). Paper (PACT '04)
- Code generation for stack machines
- (Martin Maierhofer, Anton
(in German) and papers (CC
'98 and Forth-Tagung
- Code replication for improving profile-driven branch prediction
- (Andi Krall). Abstract and Paper (SIGPLAN
- Comparison of graph colouring register allocation algorithms
- (Wolfgang Ambrosch). Diplomarbeit.
- Forth native code generation.
(Anton Ertl, Christian Pirker). Paper (EuroForth'92); Diplomarbeit (in German);
Ph.D. Thesis chapter; a paper
on the basic block part, with
results (EuroForth'96); the paper on the internal organization of the compiler
(EuroForth '97) may also be interesting to people not interested in
Forth. Status report. The FWF (Austrian
Science Foundation) supported this work (project number P11231).
Links to related stuff