Fortgeschrittene objektorientierte Programmierung
LVA 185.211, VU, 3 ECTS, 2016 S
Game in Eiffel
Learn Eiffel and implement a further mouse racing game in Eiffel.
The game shall resemble that from the second assignment
, this is, the game need not be network-compatible, and several players shall be able to play on the same computer using the same keyboard simultaneously.
It is recommended to use EiffelStudio
, an IDE based on Eiffel.
Be careful to download the open-source version, not the commercial one.
Each team member shall work on this assignment to get his/her own Eiffel experience.
Please try out the specific features of Eiffel to answer the following questions:
- How much work is it to specify useful assertions in Eiffel?
- How important ist the run-time penalty of assertion checking?
- Is it possible to specify in a subtype preconditions that are (in some sense) stronger than in the supertype?
Is it possible to specify in a subtype postconditions that are (in some sense) weaker than in the supertype?
If it is possible, how can you do that?
- Eiffel supports covariant input parameters.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of this feature in practical programming?
- Which features of Eiffel would you like to see also in your favorite programming language?
Which features of Eiffel would you rather avoid to use?
HTML 4.01 |
last update: 2016-03-11 (Puntigam)