8.7.1 Implementation Defined Options
- format and range of floating point numbers:
- System-dependent; the
double type of C.
- results of
REPRESENT when float is out of range:
- System dependent;
REPRESENT is implemented using the C library
ecvt() and inherits its behaviour in this respect.
- rounding or truncation of floating-point numbers:
- System dependent; the rounding behaviour is inherited from the hosting C
compiler. IEEE-FP-based (i.e., most) systems by default round to
nearest, and break ties by rounding to even (i.e., such that the last
bit of the mantissa is 0).
- size of floating-point stack:
s" FLOATING-STACK" environment? drop . gives the total size of
the floating-point stack (in floats). You can specify this on startup
with the command-line option
-f (see Invoking Gforth).
- width of floating-point stack: