8.6.2 Ambiguous conditions
- attempting to position a file outside its boundaries:
REPOSITION-FILE is performed as usual: Afterwards,
FILE-POSITION returns the value given to
- attempting to read from file positions not yet written:
- End-of-file, i.e., zero characters are read and no error is reported.
- file-id is invalid (
- An appropriate exception may be thrown, but a memory fault or other
problem is more probable.
- I/O exception reading or closing file-id (
- The ior produced by the operation, that discovered the problem, is
- named file cannot be opened (
- The ior produced by
open-file is thrown.
- requesting an unmapped block number:
- There are no unmapped legal block numbers. On some operating systems,
writing a block with a large number may overflow the file system and
have an error message as consequence.
blk is non-zero:
source-id performs its function. Typically it will give the id of
the source which loaded the block. (Better ideas?)