8.5.1 Implementation Defined Options
- encoding of keyboard events (
- Keys corresponding to ASCII characters are encoded as ASCII characters.
Other keys are encoded with the constants
- duration of a system clock tick:
- System dependent. With respect to
MS, the time is specified in
microseconds. How well the OS and the hardware implement this, is
- repeatability to be expected from the execution of
- System dependent. On Unix, a lot depends on load. If the system is
lightly loaded, and the delay is short enough that Gforth does not get
swapped out, the performance should be acceptable. Under MS-DOS and
other single-tasking systems, it should be good.