STonX TODO List
This list consists of 3 parts: Things that need to be done , Resolved issues , Fixes not yet in the distribution.
Work-In-Progress is marked with a ``*''.
Mon May 25 12:55:30 MET DST 1998
- Add better support for S.u.S.E. Linux integration, for seamless upgrades.
Make S.u.S.E. (latest version, 5.2 at the moment) the reference distribution to
avoid the usual libc/gcc/kernel combination problems.
- [*] Fix CPU emulation bug in BCD arithmetic (?) or CC settings during
- Add Joystick support.
- Add MIDI support using Linux's MIDI device.
- Fix portability/compilation problems using an ANSI C compiler with strict
- Fix bug in audio module which causes STonX to hang if the audio device
- Fix bug in audio module which causes problems with newer Linux kernels
due to an increased buffer size somewhere.
- Add better (less obscure) configuration possibilities, better command line
options, perhaps a GUI with tk/tcl (there is a curses port, so the problem
with both terminal and X support in a controlling GUI could be solved without
different GUI frontends).
- Try lcc-win32 for a Win95 port.
- Remove or rewrite the xlib-vdi code.
- Re-design the `native' modules (gemdos.c etc.) for better interoperation
with the emulator.
- Check the huge backlog of bug reports for things that need to be fixed.
(get the latest distribution if you encounter the problems listed below)
(check this section if you have problems with the latest distribution)
- Compilation fails on Digital Unix 4.0:
cc: Error: syscalls.c, line 42: Invalid expression.
cc: Error: syscalls.c, line 87: In this statement, "gemdos_calls" is not declared.
if (n<0 || n>=(sizeof(gemdos_calls)/sizeof(gemdos_calls)))
Fix: change the lines 40-42 to read:
static syscall_desc gemdos_calls=
Get a fixed file here: x.c.
- Monochrome displays show a 320x200 window for monochrome mode instead of 640x400.
- SHMMAX is undefined.
[ Main STonX page ]