The 11th euroFORTH conference on the FORTH programming language and FORTH processors
The euroFORTH '95 conference was hosted by the International Centre for Informatics
Schloss Dagstuhl, 27-29 October. A copy of the conference proceedings are
available from DELTA-t, and are to be published with
the FORML '95 conference proceedings.
The conference was held with the assistance of the working groups of the Gesellschaft
für Informatik on "Architekturen für hochintegrierte Schaltungen"
(FG 3.5.5) and "Alternative Konzepte für Sprachen und rechner" (FG 2.1.4).
Our thanks go to the University of Saarland in Saarbrücken and Dagstuhl Castle for
their generous assistance.
Len Zettel has written a report of the conference.
There where no refereed papers.
- Problem Solving Techniques
- A Practical State Machine Compiler, by John Pate
- Internationalization of Windows applications using Forth, by N.J. Nelson
- Literate Programming in Forth, by Peter Knaggs
- A Simple Source Code Library System, by Ulrich Hoffmann
- Active Flags, by Karl-Dietrich Neubert
- Advanced Forth Implementation Issues
- Three Instruction Set Structures for a Stack Processor, by Xiaoming Fan, Holger Heitsch, Tomasz Malitka, Bernd Rosenthal and Klaus Schleisiek-Kern (ed)
Translating Forth to Efficient C, by M. Anton Ertl and Martin Maierhofer
- Open C Compiler in Forth, by S.N. Baranoff and C. Lavarenne
- Emulating Forth: Interactive Cross Development, by Egmont Woitzel
- Formalization of Return Address Manipulation and Control Transfers, by M.L. Gassanenko
- Extension of the Exception Handling Mechanism, by M.L. Gassanenko
- Beyond Forth
- natOOF/The Next Generation, by Markus Dahm
- Forth - when NOT to use it, by Malcolm Bugler and Richard Borrell
- Holon from a users point of view, by Thomas Beierlein
- A Fresh Look at the Forth Dictionary, by Wolf Wejgaard
- Making The Best with Forth
- The SENDIT project: Lessons for Forth, by Stephen Pelc
- Forth in 1995 - Start Interacting, by Gary I. Ellis
- Success Stories
- Forth in an Object Oriented Android Control Network, by Paul Frenger
- Forth in the Automatic Steering of a Coal Mining Machine, by Vassil Lolov
- EFA's RIB by, Thomas Höhenleitner
- A Sophisticated Medical Machine - Totally in Forth, by Chavdar Levkov